LaSH Hall of Fame
The LaSH Board established the Hall of Fame in 2018 to recognize LaSH members who have made outstanding
and lasting contributions to LaSH and the Stock horse industry.
We are proud to honor individuals who have made exemplary contributions of time, effort and interest in the development of the stock horse industry and LASH. The individual must have demonstrated superior commitment in the areas of leadership, education, promotion and service in the development of the stock horse industry in Louisiana.
2020 Hall of Fame Recipient - Kent LeDoux
· For having the foresight and leadership skill to bring together horse industry representatives to create the Louisiana Stock Horse Association in response
to the emerging needs of the Louisiana Stock Horse industry.
· For serving as the first President and leader of the Louisiana Stock Horse Association.
· For helping develop the 1st rulebook and show schedule for the first LaSH shows.
· For excellence, as a leader, show manager, clinician and competitor.
· For creating a show atmosphere that was about clinics and learning instead of winning.
· For serving as one of the founding fathers of the Louisiana stock Horse Association.
· For being respected and trusted by the people in the equine industry in Louisiana which was one of the major reasons that the Louisiana Stock Horse Association was successful from the beginning.
2019 Hall of Fame Recipient - Cleve and Judy Weisgerber
Cleve and Judy Weisgerber have worked together to help create and grow the Louisiana
Stock Horse Association from the beginning of LaSH.
Cleve Weisgerber brought together horse industry representatives to create LaSH in response to the present and emerging needs of the Louisiana stock horse industry. Cleve lead the way in creating a show atmosphere that is more about people, relationships, fairness and learning than it is about winning. Cleve was a past LaSH Board president; is now and has been on the Board of Directors serving as a voice for LaSH members; and has served as a show manager, clinician, judge and competitor.
Judy Weisgerber has worked to promote LaSH to the stock horse industry since its founding. She serves as the Secretary and Treasurer by managing massive amounts of LaSH data and maintaining financial records. She acts as a 'Horse Show Mom' for competitors needing extra assistance at horse shows. Judy has competed successfully in LaSH in several divisions winning saddles and other prizes.
2018 Hall of Fame Recipient - Larry Rutledge
Larry Rutledge was one of the founders of LaSH and was elected as the second Board President.
Larry Rutledge won a High Point Saddle three times and competed with LaSH for several years. Larry Rutledge believed that the goal of LaSH was to "improve horses and riders". Larry was proud to see youth riders compete in LaSH then go on to compete in High School Rodeo, AQHA shows, and NRCHA competitions. Larry believed that what made LaSH so successful was the members because "they get along and want to help". Larry passed away on September 11, 2018 but he will be remembered as a strong supporter of LaSH from the very beginning.